Store Location Spotlight: Charleston, SC
Get to know a few of our Charleston General Store Crewmembers
- Tell us a little about yourself: I am from Cummaquid, (Barnstable) MA and my parents are still on the Cape! I have lived in Charleston, SC now for 18 years with my hubs Shawn Perkins. We love Triple Crown horse racing, golf, boating and trips to Disney.
- Fun fact about yourself: I was once the Concierge of the Nantucket Boat Basin. For a particular guest's 60th birthday party, I had to procure: 60 lbs of green jelly beans, a belly dancer, and a fire works display.
- Favorite Black Dog item: Any ladies 1/4 zip, although these tri-blends tees are quickly catching up as my fav!
- What is your favorite thing about working at TBD? I love how special and different each store location is.
- Tell us a little about yourself: I grew up in Ridgefield, CT. I love living here in Mount Pleasant (just outside of CHS), but am a New England girl at heart. My fur babies are the loves of my life. Maggie and Brennan(who comes to work sometimes). I love a good bike ride and the sound of the ocean.
- Fun fact about yourself: I can write backwards, so you have to hold it up to a mirror, as fast as I can write forwards.
- Favorite Black Dog item? Any Cadet I own! At home my bright spiral Sweatshirt Blanket.
- What is your favorite thing about working at TBD? I love when a product matches someone to a T and makes them happy. Whether it be a customer or co-worker or me, when someone is happy, it is the best.
- Tell us a little about yourself: I grew up in Richmond, VA and moved down to Charleston for college. I love going to the beach and basically doing anything involving water (hence why I chose the College of Charleston). I am a rising junior and am studying Finance with a minor in Leadership for Sustainability.
- Fun fact about yourself: As a kid I was so terrified of dogs and probably did not touch one until I was 12 years old. Now I love them!
- Favorite Black Dog item? Can't decide. A tie between the tossed dog shorts and the Mens Envoke hat in red white and blue. You will catch me sporting them both on my day off.
- What is your favorite thing about working at TBD? Connecting and interacting with both customers and my coworkers. Since being in college, I only ever interact with people 18-22 years old. So it is very refreshing to have a wider range of ages and people to talk to throughout my day.
Fun Facts about Charleston!
Planning a trip to Charleston? Visit the Charleston Area Chamber of Commerce website for things to do and see, places to stay, and great places to dine. Don't forget to make a first stop at The Black Dog!