The Black Dog Ginger Cookies
Not sure what kind of cookies to leave for Sata this year? The Black Dog Bakery's Ginger Cookies are sure to secure you a spot on the "Nice List"!
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh
1½ cups canola oil
3 cups granulated sugar, plus 1
¾ cup molasses
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5¼ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon ground cloves
7 cups pastry flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the fresh ginger with one-half cup of the oil in a food processor until well-minced.
3. In a large mixing bowl blend 3 cups of sugar, molasses and eggs.
4. Strain the minced ginger/oil mixture, reserving the liquid. Add this liquid, plus the remaining cup of oil to the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl mix together the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and flour.
6. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and blend well.
7. Either line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, or grease with butter.
8. Scoop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls and roll in the reserved cup of granulated sugar.
9. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for about eight to twelve minutes, just until the tops crack and the cookies are flat.
10. Cool completely on wire racks before serving.
MAKES ABOUT 8 DOZEN COOKIES
Shape your cookies into little labs with our Black Dog Cookie Cutter