We work with partners to help make a difference because Living Life off the Leash means sometimes sharing our good fortune with others.Remembering our humble beginnings, the Black Dog has believed in the importance of being a good neighbor. All of our team members play a part in our philanthropic efforts, whether it be through Dog Adoption events at which our General Stores partner with local animal shelters to help find adoptable dogs forever homes, through the sales of specially designed products, or by hosting local events at our Tavern. Our love for the sea, our island home, our friends, and of course, our dogs, has allowed us to work with some organizations near to our hearts. Here are just a few of the organizations that we are proud to consider partners:
- NEADS/World Class Service Dogs
- Southeastern Guide Dogs
- The Boston Bruins Foundation
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- On the Water
- The Martha’s Vineyard Striped Bass & Bluefish Derby
- SAIL MV
- NEMA (New England Multihull Association)
- Martha’s Vineyard Community Service/New Paths Addiction Treatment Center
- Bourne to Skate Theatre on Ice
In addition to supporting the great causes we believe in, The Black Dog also understands the importance of contributing to charitable efforts within our local communities. Please visit our DONATIONS page for more information.
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.