UPCOMING EVENTS (click here)
It’s #NationalRescueDogDay – a day on which we celebrate shelter dogs and the second chance a “furever” home can give them. Here at the Black Dog, our love for rescues is a part of who we are. Fifty years ago, Captain Bob adopted a lab-boxer mix and named her “Black Dog” (our namesake). Black Dog became a legend, as the two were inseparable, sailing the waters around Martha’s Vineyard, side by side for the rest of her life.
- Adopt a best friend: Visit your local animal shelter today. You can also look for Black Dog’s next company-wide, in-store adoption events (throughout September).
- Share your “Rescue Tails” and photo(s) with us: If you’ve adopted a dog, share your story here: https://bit.ly/37PE2Nh
- Foster a pup: If you’re not ready to make a lifelong commitment to a rescue pup, fostering is a wonderful way to help.
- Donate to a local shelter or rescue organization: Both In-kind and monetary donations are critical for shelters! Just reach out to find out what’s needed most.
- Volunteer at a local shelter or rescue: From dog walking to fundraising, you can make a difference by giving your time.