The Black Dog Tavern goes through racks & racks of ribs each season. Here is a simple recipe to bring a taste of the island to your home this Fall.
Barbecued Pork Ribs (serves 2)
- 1 full rack of St. Louis style pork ribs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Black Dog hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons A-1® steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Your favorite bbq sauce
1. Place ribs in a large roasting pan. Add salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, water, hot sauce, steak sauce, and soy sauce. Pour over the ribs and let marinate for at least 1 hr. or as long as overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat over to 275 degrees.
3. Cover ribs with foil and bake in over for 2 1/2 hours. This can be done ahead of time.
4. To finish the ribs, brush with your favorite bbq sauce and grill on charcoal or gas grill until the sauce begins to caramelize.
5. Serve with your favorite sides. We serve ours with Sweet Potato Hash, which can be found in our "Black Dog 40th Anniversary" Cookbook (now on sale, $15.99)
Love this recipe? The Black Dog Tavern continues the tradition of great food, faithful friends in our "The Black Dog 40th Anniversary Cookbook." You will find recipes for favorites such as Lobster Bisque, Lemon Artichoke Lasagna, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, and Mocha Squares and more!