"Paw" Print Raspberry Cookies
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. Who doesn't love to stick their thumb in cookie dough?
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg separated (egg white in clean large bowl)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- raspberry jam for filling
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease cookie sheets.
- In a mixer or large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour and salt.
- Whisk the egg white until soft peaks occur. Set aside.
- With a small ice cream scoop or spoon scoop out the cookie dough mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Dip the cookies into the whisked egg white and roll in the chopped walnuts.
- Place each cookie on the cookie cutter sheet and press a thumbprint in its center. Bake about 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Fill each "paw" print with a scoop of raspberry jam and return to the oven.
- Bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
*YIELDS: 2 DOZEN 2-INCH COOKIES
Love this recipe? The Black Dog Tavern continues the tradition of great food, and friends in our The Black Dog 40th Anniversary Cookbook. You will find recipes for favorites such as Lobster Bisque, Crabcakes with Herbed Aioli, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Mocha Squares and more!
NOW AVAILABLE AT AN EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT PRICE OF $9.99 (regular 34.95)